Friday, January 31, 2014

HP Patterns

I've been experimenting with patterns here to find a suitable combination for my Handsome Prints identity. I found some that I like; let me know what you think of them.

I wanted to create something that had a connection with the process of screen printing, to represent it graphically. There are (I decided) four elements to the process: a screen, light (to set the stencil), water (to wash the stencil out), and the ink/substrate for the print.

Here are two sets of patterns that represent that. The first set includes my original patterns. Then I thought they were pretty bland, so I made four new patterns that are a little more literal. Tell me what you think! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I actually still like the patterns on the left. They seem like they could be more recognizable or iconic. The patterns on the right look a bit more busy to me.

    ReplyDelete